Paint is difficult to remove from any surface, and cleaning it from glass is no different. We can’t simply wipe off the dried paint with a wet cloth. Even if the painters are careful to prevent smudging the windows, it could still end up with pain droplets splattered on the glass.
Generally, workers use masking tape on the walls or the window frames to protect the area during painting. Sometimes, though, the tape doesn’t stick properly to the glass surface, and the paint bleeds in.
Regular paint removers may not work against the dried paint on windows. So here are some of the ways to get the paint off your windows-
Scraping off the Pain
- You will need a hand-held safety razor blade, cloth/sponge, squeegee, small bucket, warm water and dishwashing liquid.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and a few drops of the dishwashing liquid. Mix it well until it becomes foamy.
- Soak the cleaning cloth or sponge in this liquid mixture.
- Scrub the windows to remove dirt from the glass.
- Wipe the residue with a clean wet cloth or sponge.
- Apply the dishwashing solution to the glass.
- Scrape the pain holding the razor blade at a 45-degree angle.
- Avoid scratching the glass by keeping the surface wet.
- Use a squeegee to remove the moisture, and then polish it with a cloth.
- Repeat the process to remove any remaining paint stains.
Using Solvents and Specialist Paint Removers for Pain Removal
- Different solvents and specialized paint removers are available in the market.
- However, they could have strong smells, toxic chemicals and can cause burns if it comes in contact with the skin.
- It is crucial to take precautions and use these carefully to remove paint spots from windows.
- While buying the paint remover, tell the retailer about the paint type, and they will give you the right product.
- For reference, cellulose paint thinner works well on most paint types. Acetone-based cleaners are best on enamel paints, and alcohol-based ones remove acrylic paints.
- Follow the package instructions and have ventilation in the space.
- Cover the paint around windows with masking tape and sheets.
- Wash the windows after removing the paint.
You can also use a homemade solution of warm water, vinegar and dishwashing liquid to clean windows. Though, this requires a lot of time, effort and expertise! Call Ecoserve’s experts for window and carpet cleaning services to walk into a clean and sparkling office.
Why Choose An Ecoserve Window Cleaning Service in London?
- All window cleaning options
- Certified window cleaning services
- Fully qualified window cleaners
- Competitive pricing
- Rapid response to customers queries
- 5 million liability cover
- Use of purified water only
- Works carried to a health and safety standards
- Over 15 years experience
For more cleaning tips, share your questions in the comment below.