Over the last 20 years, the modern office has gone through various developments. The mid-2000s saw the demise of desk area ranches and the ascent of open floor plans, and 2015 brought rushes of ping pong and foosball tables to workplaces all over. While office patterns go back and forth, one thing that doesn’t change is the effect that the workplace environment has on worker wellbeing and health, then office cleaning becomes important.
A quality workspace configuration prompts a not so much unpleasant but rather more productive atmosphere. Fundamentally, businesses think about the actual work of their employees. Office Cleaning London is now on the boom, employees need to feel good and quiet in their actual work settings to deliver their best work.
According to the Fellowes Workplace Wellness Trend Report, employees also want to work in a healthy environment. Here are some findings from the survey:
- An overwhelming majority (87%) of workers would like their current employer to offer healthier workspace benefits, with options ranging from wellness rooms, company fitness benefits, sit-stands, healthy lunch options, and ergonomic seating.
- Interestingly, employees of younger companies are less likely (34%) to be turned down when asking for in-office benefits like sit-stand desks, than employees at established companies (42%).
- 93% of workers in the tech industry said they would stay longer at a company that would offer healthier workspace benefits, with options ranging from wellness rooms, company fitness benefits, sit-stands, healthy lunch options, and ergonomic seating.
One company room is tending to the developing requirement for protection in the workplace with their phone corner, a sound-proofed, ventilated, fueled stall that can give representatives a spot to accept a video call or get some continuous chance to focus on work.
Office design is an important business investment; there’s even an international organization that has set up necessities to establish useful and agreeable indoor conditions. ECOSERVE cleaning focuses on cleaning the workplace in such a way that it impacts employees’ well-being.
Let’s dive in deeper and see how you can bring these concepts to your company:
The quality of air inside an office can essentially affect your employee’s wellbeing and thusly usefulness. The research done by the World Green Building Council recorded an 11% increment of inefficiency because of expanded outside air to the workstation and a decrease in contaminations.
Here are a few ways you can impact the air quality:
- Implement a no-smoking policy
- Develop green cleaning protocols and keep office clutter-free
- Install air filtration systems
- Maintain a healthy level of humidity
- Add some office plants
- Open windows
Our brains are 73% water, so water utilization further develops rest quality and energy levels, just as our capacity to center, our clarity of mind, and our mindfulness and sharpness. This, thusly, assists us with turning out to be more useful working.
Here are a few ways you can help your employees increase their water intake:
- Provide safe drinking water
- Install a water cooler
- Educate employees about the benefits of drinking water
We’ve all heard the saying “you are what you eat,” and this saying may be particularly obvious in the work environment. What your employees eat powers their days at the workplace. Assuming you need your employees to feel stimulated, centered, and useful, you’ll need them to eat a nutritious, adjusted eating routine that provisions them with the sustenance their bodies need to succeed.
Encourage better eating habits and food culture with these tips:
- Improve the availability of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Limit access to processed foods
- Label food clearly for food allergies
- Improve access to good handwashing facilities
- Make nutritional information available
- Promote healthy food options over advertising unhealthy ones
- Foster mindful eating – create dedicated eating spaces
A study conducted by the Department of Design and Environmental Analysis at Cornell showed that employees situated within 10 feet of a window announced an 84% reduction in eye fatigue, migraines, and obscured vision manifestations. Here are a few ways to rethink your office lighting design:
- Consider adding skylights
- Control glare
- Maximize natural lighting
- Move big, bulky furniture that blocks sunlight
- Replace flickering lights
- Layer different types of lighting in a workspace, such as ambient and task lighting
Our bodies were made to move, not sit from morning ’til night. An employee who leads a functioning way of life is probably going to be more useful. Since practice builds the bloodstream to the mind, representatives will get an increase in energy and readiness. This can likewise fixation and dynamic ability. A few ways to encourage movement at work include offering:
- Open and accessible stairways
- Shower facilities
- Bicycle storage
- Adjustable workstations
- Space for physical activity
The workplace ought to be a position of solace. The utilization of the right ergonomics can decrease muscle weariness, increment efficiency, and reduce the severity of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), which are the most regularly referred to as reasons for lost work time.
A few ways to create distraction-free, comfortable environments include:
- Ergonomically crafted work areas with the ability to alternate from sitting to standing positions
- Provide employees with different areas to work during their day
- Limit sound from building systems and create quiet zones
- Create breakout areas, hot-desking and informal meeting areas, and creative spaces for brainstorming
The Global Impact of Biophilic Design in the Workplace study showed that individuals who work in spaces with regular highlights announced 15% more significant levels of generally speaking prosperity. Besides, the respondents communicated feeling 6% more useful and 15% more innovative at work. On the off chance that the inside plan of an office considers the inhabitants, for example, making both breakout space and social space, upgrades are found in fixation, joint effort, classification, and inventiveness.
Optimize employees’ emotional health through these strategies:
- Create collaborative spaces, as well as areas to relax and de-stress
- Add greenery: potted plants, living walls, or flower gardens
- Design outdoor spaces (rooftop patio or staff garden)
- Offer flexibility – give options for where and how employees want to work
The research shows how work environment design emphatically impacts health, wellbeing, representative fulfillment, and performance. There is colossal potential for improving and having a constructive outcome on worker prosperity through the human-focused plan. By just contributing representatives regions to re-energize and thinking about their solace, you can undoubtedly roll out unpretentious improvements to work on the actual environment at your office.